So you want variable maps on your mailers to give your customers directions to your business? Great! Let’s learn how to set it all up to make it work!
DESIGN AND SPECS
Your first step is deciding exactly what you want your mailing to look like and getting CSG Direct Mail your information so we can output your maps.
1) Design your mailpiece and decide where your map will be placed
2) Measure your map area and send us the dimensions of the map area in inches or pixels
3) Choose your markers using the pdf provided below and send us the codes for both the START and END makers you would like
4) Provide us with your database and tell us what locations you’d like for START and END
5) We will create your variable maps
PULLING IT TOGETHER
If we are doing your mailing, you’re done!
All you need to do at this point is send us your artwork and we’ll take care of everything else!
If we are providing you with maps and you are doing your own mail outputs, follow the instructions below for variable output in InDesign.
1) Set up your file in InDesign, and link to your database using your variable program
2) Define and assign your variable area however your program requires it
3) Place/link your map
4) At this point you will need to make sure that your map is scaled correctly for your variable area
Use the fitting command to do this
5) Once you have it looking the way you like, you can do your mail output
That’s all there is to it!